Thursday, January 1, 2009

About Me

So who is this contractor anyway?
Let me introduce myself, Shaun Farrell, the owner of 5280 Home Construction. I am a general contractor serving the Denver metro area. By day I run crews, tour building departments, make the homes and land of Colorado beautiful, and move mountains. By night I am a subcontractor for my wife attempting to keep up with the honey-do list while being super Dad to our rowdy toddler boys. Among many hobbies that I never seem to have enough hours in the day to participate in, I swing the golf club any chance I get. Construction and home building has been my life for 15 years now and I don't plan on stopping any time soon!

This is me

This is my company
5280 Home Construction is the result of a lifetime of hard work and dedication. We pride ourselves on the fact that about 85% of our business is referral based. The other 15% are usually repeat customers. Happy customers equal a happy contractor and keep us in business, a relatively simple business plan. From new home construction to residential renovations, investment properties to commercial tenant finishes we do it all and continue to find ways to innovate and accommodate all of our wonderful customers.

Want to know more head on over to our website If you live in the Denver area and would like to schedule a consultation for your new home or home improvement project we're more than happy to oblige, just check out our contact page!

Why do I do this?
I maintain a high standard of integrity and honesty in the industry which, unfortunately, is harder and harder to come by. I never steer our customers wrong and give them the same advice and treatment that I give to friends and family. Obviously what I do is working and I wish there were more "good guys" out there. Hopefully this blog and the info shared here enlightens a few people and saves them the trouble of a run in with the not so good guys and gets them the most out of their construction quests. As always it will remain an information hub on what's new and hot in the industry keeping all of us on our toes with the current trends.

What is 5280? Ah the most common question from our out-of-towners, 5,280 feet is the elevation of the mile high city of course! It's a normal slang term (fifty-two eighty) here but obviously sounds odd to those down below that aren't accustomed to the lack of oxygen.

Who is 5280 Lady?

I am the other half of that guy above and proud co-owner of the biz. I'd like to think I know a thing or two about this industry after living and breathing construction for close to 10 years now thanks to the hubby, so when I have spare time I'll share my wonderful insight with you lovely people. I make it my job to keep up with what's new so that we can bring the best of the best to our customers. I'm becoming an expert in all things "green" and I have a passion for design so you can expect to read all about the neat things I find here... I'll try not to bore you too often.