Monday, November 30, 2009

About me and this blog.

Welcome to Question a Contractor!!

This blog is dedicated to help homeowners make the correct decisions about the contractor that they have or want to hire for the home projects, and to help you understand if they are doing it RIGHT!

Hi,
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Shaun Farrell. I have been in residential home construction and remodel for 11 years. I own a successful Colorado based residential construction company and I am an ICC certified residential general contractor. Most contractors are certified and or licenced in the county or city in which they routinely work or plan to work. The ICC accreditation is the company that writes the code in which contractors must follow. ICC does their own independent testing that nationally qualifies your license throughout the United states. The ICC allows any person to check the accreditation of a contractor with their agency. Feel free to check on me!! send me an email and I will provide you with a link to look up my licensure.

My reasoning for creating this website is to allow homeowner to accurately critique the contractor in which they choose. Ultimately helping you to avoid disaster, and to obtain the project of your dreams easily and without duress.

In my experience throughout the years I can tell you that about 30 to 50% of my business is correcting previous contractors mistakes. I aim to stop this by hiring the right company the first time!

Things you should expect from this blog:
*How to correctly draft a contract with your contractor.
*How to choose the right contractor for your job.
*How to insure that you job is being done correctly.
*How to determine if a permit is needed for your project, and the relevance and importance of that permit.
*How to determine if your project is finished up to industry standards.
*How to arrange a correct pay schedule with your contractor.
*Daily tips on how to make your home more valuable, energy efficient, how to avoid damage to your home, and how to annually maintain your home.
*And answer all questions that you may have.


-Shaun

3 comments:

  1. Extremely useful information which you have shared here about home remodeling contractors Vancouver WA. This is a great way to enhance knowledge for us, and also beneficial for us. Thank you for sharing an article like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really impressed by the way you detailed everything. It’s very informative and you are obviously very knowledgeable in this field. It’s a great pleasure reading your post about Affordable Custom Home Builder Melbourne. It’s useful information. Thanks for sharing such an amazing post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice info, I am very thankful to you for sharing this important knowledge. This information is helpful for everyone. Read more info about house inspector So please always share this kind of information. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete